About Shared Lane
- Our shared challenge. Far too many young people do not have meaningful career exposure, relevant skills training or serious engagement with the workplace. In the context of shifting economic and social realities, young people are reconsidering enrolling directly in college after high school, cautious of low graduation rates, high debt, and opaque job placement data. Families express interest in understanding more about career training options.
- We’re in your lane. Shared Lane works with you to align how your organization bridges young people to pathways that lead to in-demand careers. We recognize that educators need resources and opportunities to learn about the changing workplace. We’ll be your thought partner to design career navigation pathways that are embedded, not an additive. We’ll do what we can so that the young people you work with can discover their ikigai.
- We’ll keep you focused on the road ahead. Shared Lane works to prepare young people for the careers of their future. We’re laser focused on the skills that are needed for thriving career paths. We recognize that digitally-enabled careers are in high demand yet shrouded by perceived barriers to entry. We strive to clear a path that increases access and equity.
Shared Lane is your thought partner and action planner. Our services include
- Organizational design/redesign to integrate career pathways
- School change and adult professional learning,
- Curriculum and program development
- Educator externships
- Postsecondary planning, partnership development
Shared Lane is founded and operated by Julian Cohen.
Julian is a NYC educator whose career spans high school teacher, teacher educator, district leader of new school design & development, and leader of several initiatives in the Office of Postsecondary Readiness at the New York City Department of Education, as well as workforce development at Per Scholas, a nonprofit tech training company, where he developed a Technology Careers Exploration Program for high schools.
Shared Lane was founded in April 2021 to support organizations and projects that expand youth access to careers. Shared Lane has partnered with -